Our goal was to develop a professional USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable for highest demands in data and media transmission.
Full compatibility to USB 2.0 specifications and devices are of course the minimum pre-conditions, but we go a huge step further...
For the first time ever, a unique characterized USB cable is available and we are able to classify the performance level of the cable with individually measured data.
Before our cables get assembled, we are using our own Vector Network Analyzer to measure and analyze the raw cable. Following the results of the measurement, we are already sorting out parts of the raw cable, which simply don't meet our internal quality standards for impedance continuity. We are sourcing the raw cable from a german supplier on a very high quality level and of course all parts of the cable are originally fully compliant to USB 2.0 specs but our goal is to build an even better cable.
In other words: we are disposing parts of the raw cable, that other suppliers would love to use!
The remaining part of our raw cable gets carefully assembled, a unique serial number is assigned and the next measurment routine is applied to classify the cable into one of our three quality grades: PREMIUM and REFERENCE.
The key to highest Signal Integrity? Constant Impedance vs. cable length...
- Highest possible impedance continuity is a key for excellent signal integrity
- Any change in impedance causes a reflection of energy
- The reflected energy causes echo effects which disturb original signal
- The resulting effects are similar to those of Jitter - the natural enemy in any audiophile HiFi-System
- Intona's Innovation: the first commercial USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable offering a visible and measured level of impedance continuity
REFERENCE grade: for highest demands
- While the PREMIUM grade is far better the majority of other special USB cables, the Reference grade sets a new quality level that is really astonishing for USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
Best-in-class signal transfer by impedance controlled design, double shielding and stronger power lines.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable for highest demands
- Impedance controlled design
- Suitable for data and media applications
- Individually characterized with different performance levels
- Intona Double Shielding Technology (IDS) and stronger power lines
IDS & More
Intona Double Shielding Technology (IDS)
- Maximium safety to prevent from ESD, RFI and EMI by applying 2 shielding layers
- Inner shielding using a synthetic / metallic laminate plus braid
- Additional outer shielding – braided wire made from tinned copper filaments
Stronger power lines
- reliable and stable 5V power supply wires for any external device
- much stronger power lines compared to other cables
Premium material selection
- For our professional USB cable, we have selected the finest materials available to provide durability and best performance possible
- Conductors made from Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) for best conductivity
- 24K gold plated connectors
- Zero-resistance and highly conductive material compsition for the plugs
- CNC machined connector housings made from solid all-aluminium
- Intermediate Polyurethane cable sleeve provides ultra-high stability and prevents from buckling
- Outer cover made from ultra fine tinned copper
Individual cable characterization by Intona
We have defined our own standard for impedance continuity which is much more narrow compared to USB 2.0 specs
- Step 1: application of Vector Network Analysis (VNA) to identify non-suitable parts of the raw cable
- Step 2: cable Assembly and allocation of individual serial number
- Step 3: next VNA measurement to set performance grade