Sound Mechanics' MC88 Wood Cones exploit the natural cell structure in specially selected wood to improve the sonic performance of Hi-Fi equipment by controlling unwanted mechanical vibration.
Resonance from transformers, electronic parts, and even your listening room affects the linearity and fluency of music and it is a known and accepted fact. Vibration feedbacks are one of the major causes of colourations. It disturbs the signal source and could even create multiple reflections. Various techniques are required to against or minimize the feedback problems, a proper coupling would ensure smooth energy transfer.
MC88s are vibration transceivers designed to:
1. Adopt a shape which minimizes the effect of reasonable of the cone itself.
2. Employ 10 different metallic particles inside to effect an even and wide frequency response characteristic (The design is patented by Sound Mechanics: US patent No.5169104).
3. Reduce the physical instability of the property of wood.
4. The special spherical tungsten infill particles enrich the high and ultra high frequencies which the specially selected blackwood improves the lower harmonics.
Dimensions :Ø 45 x 32mm (H). Max supported weight about 100Kg
Sound Mechanics at a glance
Some audiophiles would be impressed by coloration. But it is not what Sound Mechanics want in music reproduction. Sound Mechanics wants revealing reproduction that let you feel the emotion of music, feel what composers and performers want to tell you.
- Sound Mechanics believes ultra linearity is the way to achieve perfect music reproduction.
- Sound Mechanics believes perfect phasing is the way to achieve perfect music reproduction.
- Sound Mechanics believes high speed and fast transient is the way to achieve perfect music reproduction.
- Sound Mechanics believes wide bandwidth is the way to achieve perfect music reproduction.
Every product designed by Sound Mechanics is based on our believes and targeted towards real sound reproduction.
Sound Mechanics was found by a team of specialists renowned in the fields of acoustics, vibration physics and advanced wood and adhesive technology. The company is specialised in advanced high fidelity speaker systems, speaker enclosures, professional grade audio equipment support and vibration control accessories.