Sommer Cable Microphone Cable - non terminated, price per meter.
Double... shields better. Just like the SC-SYMBIOTIC, but a little bit more exclusive due to the double counter-rotating copper spiral shielding and the wire pairs embedded in PVC. This makes it even more flexible. Because of the thicker wire diameter (2 x 0.38 mm²) it is suitable for distances of more than 100 meters. This cable is technically sound and may be the best microphone cable on the world market. Your clients in the recording studio will be surprised by the noise-free transmission!
On the SC-GALILEO 238 Plus (Article-No. 200-0271) the two counter-rotating spiral shields were insulated separately with a non-conductive foil. This separation of the grounding shields is very often used in professional sound studios and in broadcasting.
- Extreme long life and twist-proof due to the thick jacket and the wire pairs embedded in PVC.
- Absolutely neutral and loss-free audio transmission due to the use of fine copper strands.
- Excellent protection due to the dense counter-rotating double spiral shielding
- Very flexible due to the dense wire stranding
- Loss-free transmission over long distances due to a large wire diameter of 2 x 0.38 mm²
- Highly professional studio and stage technology
- Demanding OB Van technology for radio and broadcasting
- First class HiFi-connection (conductor red and white on Pin1, shielding separately)
Jacket, diameter PVC 7,0 mm
No. of inner conductors 2 x 0,38 mm2
Copper strand per conductor 48 x 0,10 mm
Conductor insulation PE 1,55 mm
Shielding double copper spiral, counter-rotating + polyester tape
Shielding factor 100 %
Temperature range min. -30 °C
Temperature range max. 70 °C
Fire load per m 0,22 kWh
Weight per 1 m 60 g
Capac. cond./cond. per 1 m 50 pF
Capac. cond./shield. per 1 m 100 pF
Cond. resistance per 1 km < 52 Ohm
Shield. resistance per 1 km 20 Ohm
Insulation resist. per 1 km > 1 GOhm
Surge impedance 38 Ohm
SommerCable at a glance.
Our Company Philosophy
- We develop, produce and sell first class quality cables and other high quality products for the cable market.
- We are fond of our customers and partners and take care of them in a humane, friendly, competent and uncomplicated manner.
- We offer enduring use, value added quality, innovation and service to our customers, especially in reference to the competitive environment.
- We are loyal to our company, its employees and products and welcome the fact that work and learning can be fun and that success is enjoyable. We encourage and reward the efforts and motivation of our employees.
- A slim organizational structure enables us to make fast decisions. We have visionary ideas and work economically to provide enduring job security with the required efficiency and liquidity.
- We are an IHK-training facility - more than 10% of all our employees are trainees. We demand and encourage continuous education.
- We feel responsible for the ecological system and take great efforts to preserve our planet’s resources. (see: Our Environment)
- Our Christian and social engagement is directed toward helping needy people. We currently support projects in Burkina Faso and Brazil, with direct personal contact to ensure that our support actually reaches those in need of help.